A Reflective Moment

A Reflective Moment

My vision for working with children is…. to be a voice if they need it.  To be support, guide and encourage them to their full potential whatever that may be.

“Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.”   — Lady Bird Johnson, Former First Lady of the United States

“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”   — Frederick Douglass, abolitionist and statesman

In three years, I see my greatest strengths with children to be…. the forever lasting relationship and bond with the child and their family.

“While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.”   — Angela Schwindt, home schooling mom States

I envision the early learning environment as…. welcoming, warm, and safe for children, their families as well as other educators so that everyone can grow and learn together.

I see children as…. blank slates with an individual story to write.  I see every child as capable and eager to grow.

“A person’s a person, no matter how small.”   — Dr. Seuss

I view children’s families to be…. all different with different values and beliefs but always advocating for the best in for their child

I suspect that cultural diversity will… expand and forever keep growing.  It makes it our responsibility to learn how to make every culture feel welcome in our care.

I envision my colleagues as….. learning partners.  We will all have our own values and beliefs but together we will be able to solve any situation with everyone’s input

“Safety and security don’t just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear.”   — Nelson Mandela, Former President of South Africa

One comment