Reflection on Ethics

Reflection on Ethics

Ethics…..that is a strong word for some.  The responsibility and role of ethics in a child care setting needs to be a clear line in the sand.  Everyone will experience an ethical decision that will need to be made because everyone will have difference ethics.  I do appreciate the link to the article about the difference between ethical dilemmas and ethical responsibility.

I don’t want to comment to much on the ethics of the center I am in but I don’t agree with some of them.  When a child is new to the center and screams and cries the whole time, I feel that that is doing more damage then good.  Breaking a child in slowly to a new environment seems like a better idea to me then just throwing them in to sink or swim.

I have experienced ethical dilemmas such as the child screaming when they are new to the center.  I have never experienced ethical responsibilities and hope that I don’t have too.

The Code of Ethics needs to the platform for all ECE programs to run on.  It needs to be the front and center for the well being of all children.